HOME OF FOCUS
HOME OF QINEMATIQ
Distance measurement up to 3 different subjects - with SMART RANGER 2
From long shots to close-up.
Simplify and improve your distance measurement with SMART RANGER 2.
The tiny ultrasonic and radio distance measurement tool for film sets.
ALWAYS NEW LENS CONTROL TECHNIQUES
In 1988, I began to work with the development of control systems for film cameras and optics. During my work I was fortunate to work closely with camera operators and first ACs. With increasing experience, ongoing feedback and wishes of focus pullers, I noticed: it still needs to be different. Together, the basic principles of focusing were developed and two systems were produced, which allow what was previously impossible for the first time.
ALWAYS OUR VISION IN FOCUS
Next to lightning, focus is the essential storytelling tool for film. Focusing on film is an artistic, creative act. No algorithm can decide where the attention of the viewer should be directed at. Time and duration of focus pulls determines the drama of an image. Focus Pulling is story telling.
Especially in moving situations, focusing can be challenging.
We are here to help and improve the way focus pullers work on the film set. So that focus pullers can concentrate on their artistic work.
ALWAYS EVOLUTIONARY DISTANCE MEASUREMENT
Distances were always needed on the film set. To help focus pullers do their job, many tools were developed. All of them good. None of them yet as satisfying as our own eyes. Till qinematiq focus tools were developed.
TWO PRODUCTS - TWO WAYS OF DISTANCE MEASUREMENT
IMAGE+ measures as the human eye sees and so enables natural focus pulling.
It permanently offers all distance values to all objects visible in the picture. Whether moving or not.
Visit us at Bavarian Booth at NAB 2019
- Visit us at Bavarian Booth at NAB 2018
we will present our newest generation of IMAGE+
- The german Film- and TV Kameramann published a great article about our work and products.
check it out in the March edition 2018 on page 34
- Our last Hands-On took place in Vienna on 1st July 2017.
Located at EQC equipment.cafe
Thank you EQC for this amazing event and everybody who took a look at our new system and our previous system mounted on a car rig and a slider.
- We were part of the annual ctv-Konferenz at FH St.Pölten this year with a workshop about focuspulling 4.0
- We were hosted at the NAB Show 2017. Read the german article by Film- and Kameramann. http://www.kameramann.de/technik/nab-2017-qinematiq-bringt-image-gen2-heraus
- London calling. Twice. We participated at BVE and BSC 2017. Redshark Media wrote an interesting article about his visit at our stand. http://www.redsharknews.com/production/item/4357-image-a-touchscreen,-depth-mapping-focus-assistant#facebook
- more news